Do you believe, what you believe (Daniel 6:23, John 6:69, John 7:38, John 19:35, Romans 1:16, 2 Corinthians 4:13, Psalm 116:10, Philippians 1:29, 1 John 5:4-5)Jack Graham, 06/11/2017
Part of the Various Sermons series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
"DO YOU BELIEVE, WHAT YOU BELIEVE"
Sunday AM June 11, 2017
What Baptist believe?
1. That God is greater than our understanding of Him.
2. That the scriptures are revealed from God.
3. That Christ died for sinners; that the conditions of salvation are based on our repentance of sins. That we are saved once for all time.
4. That each church is the free and independent house-hold of Christ.
5. That we, as believers, have certain God given rights; the right to equal, direct, and immediate access to God through Jesus Christ.
6. That missions and evangelism are the life blood of the church.
7. That Christ gave the church two sacraments; "The Lord's Supper and Baptism.
8. That the members of the church should provide for the care and well- being of the family Ichurchl according to the ability of each member.
9. That we were created in the image (likeness) of God.
From "what Baptist believe":
1, God is the God of all creation.
2. He is the God of revelation.
3. He is the God -of salvation.
2 Corinthians 4:13
Listen, you that believe the promise (to those who believe what they believe) is found in 1 John 5:44, Let's pray.
|« The Bible, The Word of God||None||Father's Day »|
23 Then the king was exceedingly glad, and commanded that Daniel be taken up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no kind of harm was found on him, because he had trusted in his God. (ESV)
69 and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.” (ESV)
38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” (ESV)
35 He who saw it has borne witness—his testimony is true, and he knows that he is telling the truth—that you also may believe. (ESV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (ESV)
2 Corinthians 4:13
13 Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, (ESV)
10 I believed, even when I spoke,
“I am greatly afflicted”; (ESV)
29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, (ESV)
1 John 5:4-5
4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? (ESV)