Is Life too Much? Then Look Up! (2 Chronicles 16:9, Psalm 121:1-8, Matthew 1:23)Jack Graham, 05/28/2017
Part of the Holidays & Observances series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
"Is Life too Much? Then Look Up!
Sunday (AM), May 28, 2017
QUOTE: "Love alone makes heavy burdens light....love makes bitter things tasteful and sweet." Thomas a Kempis
2 Chronicles 16:9
Consider this: our life on God's earth!
1, World War II
2. Korean War (Conflict)
3. Cold War (dysfunction)
4. Pres. Reagan (1980's) bombed Libya (don't mess with the USA)
5. Gulf War (What were we thinking?)
6. Pres Clinton (1990's) involvement in Eastern Europe. (Crazy)
7. Since 2001: Death and destruction (WAR!!!) has ruled the world.
Does this make you feel anxious?
Psalms 121:1-8 gives us hope for our lives.
Verses 1-2 (God is all-powerful)
Verse 3 (He's our support; not allowing us to fall)
Verse 5 (He keeps us safe in His care)
Verse 7 (He protects us from al' evil)
Verse 8 (He watches over us 24/7)
1. The world will never be free from conflict
2. Governments can't fix our problems
3. Regardless of time,
4. The Bible says in Matthew 1:23
5. It is always about choice!
|« Farther Along||Choosing Truth||The Bible, The Word of God »|