Humility in Jesus (John 14:21, James 4:13-17, Matthew 23:11-12, 1 Corinthians 8:5-6, Colossians 1:15-16, Colossians 1:21-22, Romans 5:14, Romans 5:18-19, John 1:12-13, Ephesians 1:3-4, Philippians 3:20-21, Proverbs 22:4, Acts 20:18-21, Titus 3:1-2, 2 Timothy 2:19-26)Jack Graham, 05/21/2017
Part of the Various Sermons series, preached at a Sunday Evening service
"HUMILITY IN JESUS"
Sunday (PM) May 21: 201 7
John 14:21 b: "l will love him and manifest myself to him." Manifest means to be known. to reveat one's self. Three things that are manifested in a believer:
Quote: "If you want make God laugh, tell Him your plans." Woody Allen. We can add to that, 'lf you want to make God laugh louder, tell Him you're smart" Bible.org. We make our plans but it is God who controls them. James 4:13-17
Quote: "l believe that the first test of a truly great man is his humility." John Ruskin
Mathew 23: 11-12
What is humility?
1. An illusive virtue. (hard to wrap your hands around; you think you got it, then you don't)
2. Very' fragile. (hard to control or maintain)
3. Next-door neighbor to "Pride." (selfishness, all about ME!)
4. True humility is keeping one's eyes on Jesus Christ, the Main Thing. 1 Corinthians 8:54 and Colossians 1:15-16a; 21-22
We are a new creation. We have transferred our trust in self to our trust in Jesus.
We are longer in the line of Adam, but are, however, in the line of Christ.
Romans 5:14a. 18-19
What does it mean to be IN CHRIST?
1. John 1:12-13: We were born again!
2. Ephesians 1:3-4: Given every spiritual blessing!
3. Philippians 3:20-21: Citizens of Heaven!
in Closing, what the Bible says about Humility:
1.Proverbs 22:4: The value of Humility!
2. Acts 20:18-21: Paul's Testimony!
3. Titus 3: 1-2: Who we are!
4. 2 Timothy 2:19-26: We are vessels (utensils), teachers of God!
|« Temptation||Loving Chastisement||Farther Along »|