What is the truth (John 18:38, John 18:19-24, Matthew 26:61-67, Matthew 22:15-22, Luke 23:1-5, John 18:33-38, John 8:31-32)Jack Graham, 04/02/2017
Part of the Various Sermons series, preached at a Sunday Evening service
"WHAT IS THE TRUTH"
Sunday (PM), April 2, 2017
Quote: "If we call ourselves Christians—people following Christ—we should know what road we are taking. Christ went the way of the Cross and we should be prepared to do likewise.
Chinese Pastor, who spent 22 years in prison for not denying his faith.
Pilate ask Jesus, "What is Truth" (John 18:38)
Jesus answers Pilot's question; "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me,"
THE TRUTH GOES TO TRIAL:
1, The Truth is taken before Annas (a corrupt former Priest). John 18:19-24
2. The Truth taken before Caiaphas (Annas son in-law). Matthew 26:61-67
3. Judging the Truth: The Sanhedrin breaks the Jewish Law.
1. The trial was held in secret.
2. It was done at night.
3. It included bribery (30 pieces of silver)
4. No witness for the Truth (needed two or three)
5. They used self-incriminating testimony.
6. They carried out the death penalty on the same day.
4. Caiaphas declared the Truth guilty. because He claimed to be God in the flesh, Caiaphas called this blasphemy. Because the Jews (by law) could not carry out the death penalty they brought the Truth to Pilate, the Roman Governor.
THE TRUTH BEFORE PONTUS PILATE
1. Matthew 22:15-22
2. Luke 23:1-5
The Truth's conversation with Pilate. (John 18:33-38)
JESUS IS THE TRUTH: John 8:31-32
|« Biblical Restoration||Hosanna in the highest||Restoration And Ritual Religion »|