Surprised by joy (Luke 1:26-30, James 1:17, Luke 1:28, Luke 1:31-35, Philippians 4:13, Luke 1:45-48)Jack Graham, 12/11/2016
Part of the Holidays & Observances series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
"SURPRISED by joy, SURPRISED to be CHOSEN"
December 11, 2016 (Sunday AM)
Luke 1:26-30, Gabriel and Mary. Gabriel gave her "the Good News."
Her Son, Jesus, Immanuel would be:
1. As Mary's son, He would be human.
2. As Son of the Highest, He would the Son of God.
3. He would be King, inherit the throne of David.
4. He would be the Savior of the World.
Truly, Mary was surprised with JOY. How could this be?
James 1:17a, '*Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above....."
(NKJV). Mary was chosen because she is just an ordinary girl. Not because of:
1. Physical beauty.
4. Natural gifts or abilities.
Luke 1:28b, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you..." This is what made all the difference in young Mary's life; you have been surprised with JOY.
Luke 1:31-35, "You will conceive in your womb..." (verse 31) but Mary
says, "How can this be, since I do not know a man...." (verse 34). Never forget that you can do what God has called you to; such as:
1. Parent a child
2. Love your spouse
3. Care for an elderly person
4. Teach that Sunday School class
5. Or lead a Bible Study etc
Philippines 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (NKJV)
Luke 1:45-48, Mary was a virtuous girl but not without sin, Verse 45, "Blessed is she who believed..." She was:
2. Called by God
3. And, yes sinful.
4. Filled with joy, "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." verse 47 (The Magnificat or Mary's Song).
|« Joseph, Mary's husband, a Faithful man!||None||THE THRILL OF HOPE »|