Joseph, Mary's husband, a Faithful man! (Luke 1:13, Luke 1:28-34, Matthew 13:55, Matthew 7:24-27, John 1:45-46, Matthew 2:23, Isaiah 11:1, Micah 5:2, Matthew 1:18-19, Matthew 1:20-25, Matthew 1:13-15, Luke 2:1-6, Luke 2:41-48)Jack Graham, 12/07/2016
Part of the Holidays & Observances series, preached at a Midweek Meeting service
Joseph, Mary's husband, a Faithful man!
Dec. 7, 2016 (mid-week) All Scripture from New Living Translation
Joseph was a carpenter!
Matthew 13:55. Jesus learned the carpenter trade from Joseph. Matthew 7:24-27
Joseph was of the linage of David!
Joseph's family belonged to Bethlehem (Remember Samuel going to Bethlehem to visit Jesse and his sons) but he moved to Nazareth. WHY?
1. Nazareth was a "tough" neighborhood. John 1:45-46
2. Jesus was called "the Nazarene." Matthew 2:23 and Isaiah 11:1
3. Mary will deliver Jesus in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2
Joseph was a man of honor and faith!
1. His character and nature. Matthew 1:18-19
2. His obedience to God. Matthew 1:20-25
"I called My Son out of Egypt." Matt. 1:13-15
Joseph took Mary with himself!
1. The birth of the Messiah. Luke 2:1-6
2. Jesus at age 12 in the Temple. Luke 2:41-48
What happen to Joseph!
The last mention of Joseph in scripture was when he was.in Jerusalem with Jesus when He attained the age of 12. It is assume that Joseph was probably older than Mary and perhaps he died before Jesus began His ministry. But scriptures tell us was a kind man and lovely father. No greater compliment can be paid to him (Joseph) or any of us.
|« A Season of Hope||None||Surprised by joy »|